Friday, June 3, 2011

Officially got my UK visa!! can't wait to go to oxford

So, today, I finally received my UK visa from New York. Quite a bit exciting! I started packing my stuff since Tuesday, not for going to Oxford, but going home. One week from now, I will be on a plane to my sweet home, three weeks from now, I will be on the plane to Oxford!
In class, we learned a lot about British history, British literature and British culture. Now I am started to think about what my life will be in oxford. Will I be really busy everyday, or travel a lot? Am I going to make some British friends? How am I going to adjust my life from American style, to Chinese style, then to British style?
I looked up the normal weather during June and July in Oxford, it seems the weather is a lot like Seattle summer. You can wear shorts and T-shirts, add a jacket when it gets chilly, be sure to pack your rain jacket! 
I am a big fan of food!! I cannot wait to explore the pubs and restaurants and places we can have tea near Oxford. Speaking of having tea, do I need to dress formally to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment